|Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Overall, the Search Engine Optimization process can be
described by the following
- Website Analysis: In-depth analysis of the client’s website
in order to fully optimize the content, structure and traffic flow. Access to detailed
web log files are crucial in this stage.
- Keywords Optimization: Identify, compare and select ultimate
keywords/phrases. The stage involves extensive analysis of the competitor's web sites,
meta tags and submitted keywords/phrases.
- Meta Tags & Web Page Optimization: Meta tags are generated
based on the selected key word/phrases and placed on the pages of the client’s
- Submission of Web Pages: Optimized web pages are submitted to
leading search engines and categories for top placements and positioning.
- Link Optimization: Add relevant external inbound links and outbound
links to and from other websites. Link Optimization is also a significant factor in
Search Engine Optimization. We have learnt from our experience that if websites links
are properly optimized that can result into top search engine positioning and
- Reporting: There are many types of reports, but for the most part
these reports can be segmented into 5 basic groups.
- Ranking / Positioning Report: Lists all keywords by search
engines and their respective ranking. The detailed reports include ranking for
root and branch pages.
- Original Ranking: Reports current ranking compared to ranking
prior to the SEO campaign for each keywords.
- Submission Report: Lists the last time submissions were made to
each of the search engines. The detailed reports include specific submission
information to the directories.
- Link Report: Lists all new external inbound links from other
websites and external outbound links to other websites.
- Search Engine Maintenance Report: Journals all activities
associated with a SEO campaign.
- Maintenance: Analyze results and revise tactics to maintain or
improve search engine positioning.
Optimization work continues long after the optimized site is launched. The continued
areas of effort fall into 4 basic categories:
- Analysis and revision of page optimization: To maintain top
ranking, SEO Analysts must evaluate the results and make tactical modifications
based on performance observations.
- Adaptation to search engine algorithm changes: Search engines
are constantly modifying their ranking algorithms. It is not unusual to see
several changes each year for each search engine. These changes must be identified
and analyzed in order to maintain top rankings.
- External link structure maintenance: Websites change their
design. These changes can affect or "break" inbound or outbound external links
which can adversely affect website ranking.
- Continued submissions to search engines:Over time, search
engines "clean house" and drop older site pages from their database. Sometimes
pages are dropped inadvertently. Whether purposely or not, search engines must be
monitored continually to be sure website pages are properly indexed or resubmit
pages that have been dropped. To improve positioning or placement in search
engines, web pages should be re-submitted over the period of time.